JASA Data Protection Guidelines
JASA INVESTIGATION AND SECURITY SERVICES respects the privacy and confidentiality and is dedicated and steadfast to employing guidelines, practices, and procedures to protect the collection, use and disclosure of the personal data in compliance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) 2012.
2.COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA:
The PDPA defines personal data as “data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which the organization has or is likely to have access.”
JASA collects personal data mainly:
- when an applicant responds to JASA job vacancy by submitting CVs directly or indirectly and when completing JASA job application form;
- when making an Online job application or providing online feedback on our services via the JASA website;
- when entering a physical premise, building, campus, facilities or apartments, etc. where these premises are operated by JASA security;
- when making a report on security incident or occurrence management at the sites operated by JASA security;
- when communicating to JASA via emails, telephone or in writing
3.PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION:
JASA collects personal data that may include:
- Personal details such as –NRIC / FIN No. / Passport No., Name, Date of Birth, Nationality, and contact information such as email address, residential address, mobile or telephone numbers and personal bank account for salaries/wages imbursement, etc. etc.
- Relevant educational, professional certificates, employment history and work experiences for job application purposes or provision towards career advancement and training courses
- Regulatory requirements to bodies such as PLRD, CPF, MOM, etc.
4.PERSONAL DATA USAGE
The personal data collected is used for one or more of the following purposes:
- Deployed officer to the Client’s / Buyer’s premises
- Deliver site security-related services
- Afford related service support, and account management
- Process registration applications for any events management and/or services
- For invoicing, billing, payment, and credit-related activities
- Requisite orders for services and products
- Process applications for recruitment, selection, and deployment
- Manage feedback, inquiries and incident management
- Business and Operations functions to facilitate security services
- Observe regulatory and legal requirements
5.PERSONAL DATA DISCLOSURE:
In the course of our security service business, JASA may disclose collected personal data to relevant organizations to fulfill our business obligations such as:
- Accounting and Payroll processing services
- Examination and Certification Bodies
- Insurance companies
- Legal related services
- Managing agents, Buyers where security services are operated by JASA
- Postal/Courier services
- Recruitment Agencies
- Print processing services
- Regulatory and government agencies
- Webhosting, Cloud and IT service providers
6.PERSONAL DATA MANAGEMENT:
Before JASA collects, uses, or discloses personal data, you will be notified of the purpose. A written confirmation shall be obtained to express your consent. Personal data is used only for the consented purpose. In some situations, consent is deemed should you voluntarily provide your personal data for a specified purpose; such as in seeking employment with us using the JASA employment application form.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
JASA has data protection measures in-placed to reasonably and suitably maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data and will only disclose your data with authorized persons on a ‘need to know’ basis.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
Under the Personal Data Protection Act, you are entitled to withdraw any consent given or deemed to have been given in respect of the collection, use, or disclosure of personal data about yourself for the purpose previously consented. You will need to make a written application for your withdrawal of consent. You will be required to produce identification documents to verify against our records for this purpose. You may be asked to provide additional information to help us process your request and we process only the withdrawal of consent for your own personal data and not of any other individual. Please be advised that withdrawal consequence on an earlier consented purpose is likely to prevent JASA from continuing to provide its services to you.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
Reasonable safeguards and authentication checks shall be carried by JASA to ensure that the personal data collected from you is accurate, complete, and current. JASA may seek confirmation with you on any changes to your personal data and likewise, do advise JASA on any changes to your collected personal data provided by you.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION TO PERSONAL DATA
JASA uses personal data for the purpose you have consented. You may write to find out how we have been using or disclosing your personal data over the past year. Before assenting to your request, we may need to verify your identity with a legal identification document. A response to your request will be attended within 30 days from the date we receive your request. For reasons we are unable to do so within the 30 days, you will be informed duly on an estimate of how long we require. There may be a fee charged for the cost involved in processing your request. You may request us to make the correction if you find any error or omission in your personal data,
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
When it is no longer necessary for any business or legal purposes, JASA does not retain personal data but will take appropriate disposal measures (or destroy) documents containing personal data in a secure means in accordance with our document retention schedules.
7.MANAGING QUERIES AND COMPLAINTS:
We welcome queries and feedback. Please do contact and forward them to our Data Protection Officer at to-time. Please consult our DPOs for assistance.